If you are interested in a position listed below please email HR@VaporPower.com.
To help us route your request as quickly and efficiently as possible please include the job title in the subject line of the email along with a copy of your most recently updated resume.
Panel Builder - Panel Wirer / Electrician
- Assemble and wire control cabinet panels and wire entire machine/system and will provide electrical support for debugging operations.
- Interpret schematics, Bill of Materials, drawings, and manufacturer guidelines to achieve the desired results.
- Layout and assemble electrical components to control cabinet panels.
- Wire all electrical components on machinery.
- Proficient in use of hand tools, soldering irons, mechanical and electronic test equipment to verify product standards.
- Interface with Machine Builders to accomplish goals.
- Minimum of five years’ experience wiring machinery or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Light PLC programming or troubleshooting is highly preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills.
Fitter / Welder
Welder Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing welding tasks – ASME code and standard welds
- Use powered saws, shears when necessary
- Use portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper when necessary
- Use precision measuring tools to inspect grooves and angles
- Maintain proper equipment; repair when needed
- Conduct tests to check weld quality, including hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- Interpret drawings and plans; carry out work accordingly
- Produce templates and other work aids
Welder Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be able to pass an ASME certified G6 test (GMAW, GTAW)
- Basic mechanical and pipe fitting skills
- High School Diploma
- Ability to read blueprints and weld symbols
- Ability to do basic math
- Ability to use numerous hand tools (Powered and Manual)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements
- Ability to work overhead
- Ability to use hands to grasp
- Ability to reach with arms
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist
- Ability to sit, climb and balance.
- Ability to work up to 12 hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with age.
- Ability to work over 5 feet above the ground; must not have fear of heights.
Boilermaker / Assembler
- Assemble various sub-assemblies and final assemblies to print and worksheet specifications
- Interpret Bill of Materials, drawings, and manufacturer guidelines to achieve the desired results
- Layout and install piping assemblies
- Experience with operating heavy machinery including forklifts and overhead cranes
- Proficient in use of various hand tools including drills, air tools, etc.
- Interface with fellow employees to accomplish goals
- Minimum of two years’ experience assembling heavy machinery or equivalent experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Must possess piping/plumbing aptitude and skill set
- Strong communication skills.